Career Level Mid Level
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Client is a leading construction company specializing in oil and gas projects. They are currently looking to recruit a mechanical foreman for a project in Abu Dhabi. The role will include;
- Ensures that his crew is educated with the HSE rules and fully comply with them.
- Conducts pre task meetings and tool boxes in order to ensure that assistant mechanical foremen are well informed and capable for their tasks.
- Ensures proper utilization of equipment and manpower.
- Monitors works and ensures that they are executed in a safe manner and as per site requirements.
- Monitors of personnel (i.e. evaluation, training, etc.)
- Ensures that equipment have proper housekeeping, are tide and clean. Proper maintenance to be in place as per company policy and to inform workshop foreman for any damages and or foreseen problems.
- Positioning of various mechanical equipment.
- Construction of breakwaters, placing armoring rock, concrete armoring units etc.
- Construction of Quay Walls by concrete blocks.
- Excavation by floating crane and disposal of materials.
- Ensures that the works are performed at the required quality standards.
- Executes all other tasks related to marine works.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned.
Key skills and requirements
- Diploma in Mechanical or equivalent.
- With a minimum of 5+ years of similar role experience in Oil & Gas projects (mandatory).
- Strong knowledge and working experience on pipe fitting and welding in pipeline projects is a must.
- Good English communication skills (read, write and speak).
- Familiar with all Company Safety and QA/QC procedures and strictly enforces them amongst the workforce.
- Candidates with GCC experience is preferred (UAE)